View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 3d printer and design 

Is there a 3d printer at Olymega? Is there anyone who can help with design? My son had a Freudian slip, but I believe it is a viable idea, but I don't have the money to buy a 3d printer, or the knowledge of cad(or software) to do the design. I need help and want my son to realize the American dream as well. Right now I can't convince him it will work, so he has no faith in America. I want him to see that he doesn't have to be stuck in this community we live in, and that an open mind creates true possibilities. Please help if you can

Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:33 pm

Yes, we have a 3D printer at OlyMEGA. Have you been to a Thursday Open House meetup yet? The 3D printer is on the second floor where we usually have a short meeting. Ask for Ross.

https://www.meetup.com/OlyMEGA/events/239226913/

It is also possible this part might be better created on a CNC carver. Ross will tell you if that is the case. We have a Shapeoko 2.5 (I've upgraded a lot on it).

Membership is $20 a month, or $30 for a family membership if you decide to join.

Tue May 02, 2017 9:17 am

I'm going to try to make it Thursday.

Tue May 02, 2017 3:09 pm

OK, great! I'm Steve, BTW. Beard, black hat, wireframe glasses. If I'm there, I'll probably be sitting back by the electronics bench.

Wed May 03, 2017 12:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]